Article provided by: Halifax Tree Removal
Tree removal is one of the most dangerous home service professions in the world. Trees are large, heavy objects that are susceptible to drastic weather conditions and a changing climate. The most effective and safest way to remove a tree from your property is to call a local arborist.
Arborists have the proper equipment and the know-how to remove a tree without causing any damage to your property. If a tree is old and looks like it may be a hazard next time a strong wind comes through, then it is best to take care of it sooner rather than later.
Unfortunately, a lot of people wait until it's too late to remove a tree from their property. We get plenty of calls from homeowners who have had a lot of damage done to their home, vehicle, or property because a tree has fallen down during a strong wind storm. In Halifax NS, we get one or two hurricanes every year. This is generally when we get most of our calls because a lot of trees come down that didn't previously look like they would.
It is never a bad idea to call a local tree service company to talk about your situation. Sometimes, a tree doesn't need to come down, and a reputable arborist will be honest about the state of your tree. If it needs to come down, it is a better idea to get a quote early and figure out your options. Tree removal is a little more expensive due to the amount of heavy equipment needed to handle the job. However, having a tree removed now before it falls on a home and results in additional home repair costs is definitely a more favorable situation.
Here are a few of the most common situations in which you should call a local tree removal company.
– If you have a large tree that has died and the roots could be lifted up during a strong wind.
– If a tree on your property is growing dangerously close to utility lines and is showing signs that it may cause damage and create a fire.
– If you have a tree that has partially lifted out of the ground from the root system.
– If you want to open up the area in your yard so you can build a vegetable garden and allow more sun to hit your property.
– If you'd like to plan new trees, or put an addition on your home where a tree is currently sitting in the way.
Don't be afraid to call a tree removal company if you have any other questions. Most local arborists are passionate about the community and want to keep people safe and will be happy to answer any questions you have about your situation.